Does kissing transmit herpes?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: What if that person had an active cold sore and kissed me on top of my head (on my hair) then an hour later a person that does not have hsv kissed me on my head on the same spot? Would there be transmission, could that person contract hsv from kissing the already kissed hair?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
In this situation exist a low risk to get HSV 1.

Detailed Answer:
I have been through your question.

Based on your history I think that in this kind of exposure the person who kissed you an hour after the exposure has a low risk to get HSV 1.
You should know that the virus can survive for a little while on non-living items .

I hope my answer helps you,
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist