Does intravenous Magnesium sulfate help in treating heart palpitations?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia with history of Radiofrequency ablation now presenting again with palpitations need alittle electrophysiological work up like repeated ecgs and sort out the medications and titrate their dosages. Beta blockers, calcium channel blockers are mostly used.
For acute management, yes Intravenous magnesium sulfate has been tried and has shown the delay of impulse at AV nodes and helped SVT , efficacy has been compared with adenosine and both works almost the same, but its your cardiologist whose discretion has to decide which way is better to control tachycardia. Talk to them and let them help further in this regard.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does aloe vera gel help heart palpitations
- Heart palpitation and heart burns
- Do kalms help with heart palpitations
- Will aloe vera help heart palpitations
- Magnesium heart palpitations
- How are migraines and heart palpitations treated
- Heart palpitations and kalms
- Magnesium oxide for heart palpitations
- Does magnesium oxide cause heart palpitations
- Gatorade help heart palpitations