Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
159 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Does intake of vitamin D supplements help in treating GERD?

Answered by
Dr. Harish Naik

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2617 Questions

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi
I am a patient of gerd. About four days back visited my doctor with problems like chest pain during the night. Ecg and tmt tests are fine. Burning sensation in the legs. Little bit stomach upset.
He has suggested endoscopy vitamin d and b12 tests. Both vitamin tests at very low level and endoscopy result is fundal gastritis. Doctor has written 3 months course. One tablet for vitamin d weekly once and injections for b12 twice in a week and nexpro red 40.
Can you guide me whether I am going in the right direction? Also suggest some food which has to be avoided. I am a occasional alcaholic taking a glass of beer.
Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are on right course of treatment.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query.
You are on right course, I would suggest you to take the medication as suggested.

And for GERD, I would suggest you to avoid food that are known to aggrevate the symptoms like citrus, chilly, spicy, fried, coffee, carbonated drinks, regulate the intake of meat, add more vegetables to your diet. Diet richbin fiber will be beneficial. You can take curd which will be helpful.

Eat small frequent meals instead of heavy one. Avoid lying down immediately after food, walk for 10 to 15 minutes after food. Do not starve as it increases the acidity, eat food frequently. Keep the head area raised while sleeping, use two pillows. Avoid smoking and alcohol.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Chest pain

doctor1 MD

Hi, my name is vickie I am a 45 year old female. I had symptoms of heart attack from 2000-2008 I had been seen several times at doctors office &...

doctor1 MD

hello i jst had a chest pain 2days back... den went for a ECG whch was nrmal... & a di dimer test whch was also nrmal... but stl i ve a little...

doctor1 MD

Hi.I am a 23 year old male, about 5' 11" and weight approx 11.5 stone. I have developed a pupuric rash on my penis and my feet about 2 weeks ago. I...

doctor1 MD

I suffer from a few health problems. I have been.having chest pains for a while now and I suffer from factor v lieden. For.the last two weeks ive...

doctor1 MD

getting pain in some parts of chest in random time any type of injections for D3 and B12 and dose for same as per reports

doctor1 MD

I started having symptoms about 7 weeks ago. Head congestion, then chest congestion, some fever, a cough, shortness of breath , and now pain in my...

doctor1 MD

i. I am 30 year old obese when I tried to laugh too hard had strange feeling in head for a second.later next day I laughed even harder this time...