• question-icon

Does intake of soy lead to breast cancer?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Breast Cancer
Question: Hi, I just took the 10 minute survey but to honest, most of those questions don't apply to me
because I wanted to read my book. I'm a retired nurse and I will look up information on WebMD
when I have a question. There is one question that I have been unable to find the answer. I had breast cancer and treatment 8 years ago with no recurrence. I believe it was caused by taking estrogen for about 20 years to prevent osteoporosis. Being that there are some foods that contain estrogen, would intaking any of them, such as soy, be harmful?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. There is no harm

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear . I have gone through the details. So as of now there is no evidence as taking soy or other food if rich in estrogen leads to breast cancer risk.
You need not to worry.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist