Does intake of beta blocker help in treating anxiety?
I have Generalized anxiety which is causing pvcs on a regular basis. I'm on a beta blocker but I still get them. meditation and cbt helps, but it never goes away. I am not able to do anything, when I clean house or go to the store, or do anything besides lying bed they start. what are my options with this? I'm kind of losing my mind.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
I think the adequate control of your anxiety is must. you are taking beta blocker now. I would suggest adding an antianxiety drug like escitalopram. This is a safe drug and efficacious antianxiety medication.
Kindly talk to your doctor about this as it is prescription drug.
Continue with your CBT. Avoid caffeine, alcohol. Take adequate sleep.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart flutters on beta blockers
- Anxiety and beta blocker therapy
- Beta blockers to treat anxiety
- Beta blockers and alcohol intake
- Coming off beta blockers anxiety
- Beta blockers for treating urinary incontinence
- Do beta blockers help anxiety
- H2 beta blocker
- Do beta blockers help acrophobia
- Can a beta blocker help with methamphetamine
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder