Does intake of Zincovit help in treating vitamin B12 deficiency?
I need details.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
There are many brands which contains Vitamin B12, commonly available are Neurokind, Neurobion, Mecobal OD. All these contains Methycobalamine, which is Vitamin B12 only.
However, you should explain in details, what are your symptoms for which you are seeking relief through these supplements.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
I have a stomach problem in last 3 years. I took Spasril and gastractive and nexpro for 4-5 months and I got relief also but problem came back after medicine stops. after that I am taking naturolax or Isapgol for almost 2 years.
I get a tightness in stomach as motion is not very clear and when I take ISapgol I feel better.
Recently I check Vitamin B12 and it was 141.
Then I took Zincovit once a day and folvite twice a day and Victofol injection 2ml twice a week for 5 weeks.
I checked Vitamin B12 after 4 months and it came 205
now again iam taking Zincovit once a day and folvite twice a day and Victofol injection 2ml once in 15 days.
I also checked Intrinsic factor antibodies and anti-parietal cell antibodies and both were Negative.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Hello, You have been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Long term Proton Pump Inhibitors use is associated with Vitamin B12 deficiency.
You should take Inj Victofol in following manner:
1. 2CC Intramuscular daily for 7 days.
2. 2CC Intramuscular once a week for 1 month and then once a month for 1 year.
Now, for IBS, i would advice you following:
I advice following for treatment of IBS:
1. A proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole, which will help in neutralizing any acid if you have in stomach.
2. You should avoid fat and pepper in diet and prefer to take soft, bland diet.
3. You can take Smooth Muscle Relaxant like Mebeverine for stomach pain, in case you have.
4. In refractory cases drugs like chlordiazepoxide and clidinium bromide can be used, if the condition is not responding.
This is my best opinion for you based on the available details. If you have any further query, feel free to ask me.
Dear Friend, welcome to HCM.
Zincovit is a zinc containg supplement. You may take Nuroday for Vitamin B12 supplementation.
Proton pump inhibitors are for symptomatic relief from acidity so would have to be taken if required.
For burning in Urine you need to provide me following details:
1. Since when are you observing this?
2. Any pain Abdomen?
3. Have you got your Ultrasound Abdomen as well as Urine examination done?
Please Revert with the asked details for a better help.
I am observing urine burning from last 2 years , one day I was fasting whole day and after break my fast I was feeling stomach discomfort so I took spasril after dinner and when I get up in the morning I observed urine burning , from then urine burns whenever I take tablets specially Spasril, that is the reason I stopped taking Spasril.
No Abdomin Pain
I have ultrasound abdomen and Pelvis and its Normal.
Get Urine examination done
Hello, In that case you should get a Urine Examination done, and if that is normal, just drink plenty of water.
Get a Urological examination done for this purpose.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin b12 deficiency flucloxacillin
- Menstruation and vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency pituitary
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and alopetia
- Marijuana vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency sciatica
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and dla
- Symptom vitamin b 12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and bloating
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and folliculitis