Does intake of Z-Pak cause fatal heart problems?
so my question is, will it still be safe to take the z pack knowing that this drug can cause fatal heart problems especially with the palpation I have?
Better to avoid it after consulting to your doctor.
I have read your query and understand the concern.
First, I would like to inform you that z-pak (Azithromycin) very uncommonly (or say rarely) can cause heart palpitations and very very rarely fatal heart problems. Further more, I do not see any indication to start antibiotic; perhaps your doctor prescribed it to prevent super added infection. You may want to discuss the need for antibiotic.
Though the chance of heart palpitations is less likely since you are worried, you can ask the doctor to change to an alternative. There are other equally effective drug to treat super added bacterial sinus infection.
Hope this helps and let me know if you need more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dexedrine causing heart problems
- Fatal heart attack causes
- Heart problems caused by aerocort
- Heart problems caused by vyvanse
- The causes of heart problems essay
- Breathing problems caused by heart
- Fatal heart block causes
- Can a broken heart cause heart problems
- Will animal pak cause heart problems
- Constipation cause heart problems
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?