Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
Reports are suggestive of viral illness - no need for antibiotics
Hi....I have just gone through the reports. They are very much suggestive of viral illness. The urine routine test is also normal.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness.
Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics like Mox at all.
Even if antibiotics are required suspecting a typhoid fever as it is 5th day of fever, I would suggest taking a blood culture test before starting on antibiotics.
Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
We are giving ibugesic since morning. Hope it is okay or should we only continue with metacin.
You can give plain Ibugesic but not a combination medication
Hi...you can give either plain Ibugesic or Metacin. Don't give both. At the same time do not give a combination medication like Ibugesic Plus which contains both Ibuprofen and Paracetamol.
Ibuprofen can be given in the dose of 10mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 200mg) every 8th hourly that too only if fever is more than 101F.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever graph for viral fever
- Dengue fever viral fever will an infant s stamina improve
- Treatment and cure for acute viral fever
- How to cure viral fever
- Food intake for viral fever
- Fever duration in viral fever
- Treatment and cure for viral fever
- Tablet sumo helps in viral fever
- Ibuprofen cure viral fever
- Treatment and cure for coincidental viral fever
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?