Does intake of Udiliv help in reducing the SGPT and SGOT levels?
Their levels may not change much.
Dear Roopsa, Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Since the liver function test was done just 10 days ago, it may take more time for the liver enzymes to return to their normal levels. Usually it will take 2-3 months for the enzymes to return to their normal level.
Meanwhile continue taking Udiliv (Ursodeooxycholic acid) for at least 3 months as this helps in regeneration of the liver cells.
In addition to alcohol intake, the liver enzymes are also raised in infection of the liver by hepatitis virus (A, B, or C), fatty liver, diseases of the gall bladder or certain medications. So, you are advised to undergo necessary lab tests to rule out these conditions.
Besides, continue increase intake of fruits, vegetables, avoid fatty vegan and non-vegan meals, do regular exercise, try to reduce your body weight (if overweight).
Hope I could answer your query. However, if you have any follow up query, please send it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Udiliv 300 for highet sgpt and sgot
- Udiliv for high sgpt and sgot values
- Diet to help reduce sgot sgpt
- Abnormal sgpt sgot cholesterol level prescribed udiliv safe
- Udiliv sgot sgpt in pregnancy
- Udiliv 150 for sgot sgpt
- High sgot, sgpt values in pregnancy given udiliv
- Role of udiliv in controling sgot sgpt
- Is udiliv helpful in reducing sgpt and sgot
- Sgpt 54 sgot 48 udiliv tablets