Does intake of Trajenta lead to low blood pressure?
Diabex 1000, Xarelto 20 mg, glucobay 50mg x3 times before meals, have recently stopped taking glyade 30mg and am now have started trajenta 5 mg, my BP has dropped to below 100/ 70 and pulse 84. Does trajenta effect BP ??
thank you, XXXX
Trajenta is unlikely to have caused your blood pressure to drop.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Trajenta (linagliptin) is a medicine used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It works by blocking the breakdown of ‘incretin’ hormones in the body. These hormones are released after a meal and stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin. By prolonging the action of incretin hormones in the blood, linagliptin stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin when blood glucose levels are high. Linagliptin does not work when the blood glucose is low. Linagliptin also reduces the amount of glucose made by the liver, by increasing insulin levels and decreasing the levels of the hormone glucagon. Together, these processes reduce blood glucose levels and help to control type-2 diabetes. There are several studies that have demonstrated no correlation between this medicine and the lowering of blood pressure. In other words, Trajenta is unlikely to have caused your blood pressure to drop.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rbbb and low blood pressure
- Lemon and low blood pressure
- Synthroid and low blood pressure
- Concussions lead to low blood pressure
- Low blood pressure and indigestion
- Hysterectomy low blood pressure
- Low blood pressure belching
- Does blood cholesterol lead to low blood pressure
- Hematuria and low blood pressure
- Low blood pressure with menstrual
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation