Does intake of Shatavari ayurvedic supplements help in treating infertility?
The following question is for a Female age 31 yrs. Trying to conceive for 1.5 yrs , has had an ovarian cyst operation (right side) and one ectopic pregnancy , which resulted in loss of right fallopian tubes.
Both the above operations happened in 2015.
Presently trying to conceive since 3-4 months.
Patient has issue with her periods , menstural cramps and general physical discomfort.
Question is : patient has started taking Shatavaritablets since last 3-4 months to overcome painful periods and balance hormones. Periods are very painless after taking Shatavari.
Is it ok to continue with this (1 tablet per day , himalaya herbals) when trying to conceive ?
can be used with proper gynecological guidance
hello there, welcome to HCM.
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concerns and your clarification is as under:
1. Since she is trying to concieve and there is history of ectopic pregnancy,
thus have a good OB/GYN Opinion who will go for relevant examination (PCOS) and investigations. (Hormonal/Thyroid imbalance)
2. Shatavri is rich in steroidal saponins (estrogen regulator) which helps in menstrual cycle regulation and improve ovulation.
. Since not achieving pregnancy itself is a STRESS which affect Ovulation and causes reproductive system problems (uterine fibroids,endometriosis,blocked fallopian tube,ovarian cysts and since Shatavri improves the function of WBC (white blood cells) which helps to reduce inflammation and helps the reproductive system to withstand the affect of STRESS.
. Shatavri contains mucilage which improves the cervical mucus and helps to protect the mucous memebrane of cervix and facilitate in meeting of egg with sperm.
. Since you are taking it in capsule form thus one can take upto 1-2 gm per day but since Conception is a concern make sure to talk about the same with an experienced and qualified Ayurveda Physician (near you)
3. In nutshell Shatavari in Ayurveda means : shat:100,vari:enemy i.e. enemy of 100 disease in females thus you can use it safely/continously but with proper guidance
Hope i could answer all your queries.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elchuri ayurvedic tips for male infertility
- Metformin to treat infertility
- Treating male infertility
- Elchuri ayurvedic tips for infertility
- Can homeopathy help me to treat primary infertility
- Drugs to treat male infertility
- Should infertility be treated
- Vyvanse to treat infertility
- Nutrilite supplement for male infertility
- Wysolone to treat infertility
- Bleeding from anus after passing stools, frequent smelly bowel movements...
- Child's skin becoming darker with little sun exposure. Stool is always...
- Suffered from Malaria, Chicken pox and skin problems. How keep myself...
- Underweight. Taking Ayruvedic treatment. No improvement. Suggest
- Have dry skin and soryasis symptoms on head. Has white spots on legs....
- Frequently suffer with dehydration. How can I overcome it?
- Suffering from Varicose veins in leg with swelling and pain which causes...
- Frequently getting cold and fever. How to gain weight and increase...
- Uderweight and having poor appetite. Started vomiting while eating. Help?
- What are the benefits of using baal amrit?