Does intake of Rhinocort cause high blood pressure?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: CAN RINECORT AQ CAUSE YOU BLOOD PRESSURE TO GO UP
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rhinocort and blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are wondering if the use or rhinocort would increase your blood pressure? Ths answer is no. Rhinocort is a nasal steroid spray and it will not cause your pressure to rise. Unlike OTC nasal sprays like Afrin which are not steroids but have a decongestant they will cause elevated blood pressure. The decongestant constricts blood vessels and hence reduce congestion but at the price of elevated blood pressure

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions