question-icon

Does intake of Promethazine help in treating personality disorder?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016
Question: I have just had a report through from a doctor from a Personality Disorder team and has put at the bottom of the last page PRN promethazine 10mg BD for agitation. What does this mean?
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please upload the report if possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome here.

It would be great if you can upload the report in its present form. That would help me to explain you the report in detail.

Promethazine is a sedative antihistaminic drug. It is sometimes given to control anxiety and agitation due to its sedative properties.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks.
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist