Does intake of Primolut-N help in delaying menstruation?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi doctor..my last cycle was on 20th July. .. I was expecting my periods with a 2 to 3 days of delay wch is routine in my case.. its 27th Aug now and I am yet to get my periods.. I am spotting a little since last 2 days. Since I have ganesha at my place next week... I want to now delay my periods....as I have already waited long.. I bleed for 5 days with 4 additional days of spotting. I cannot afford to get periods now ..is primolute the answer for now
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Primolut can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since a spotting has already started, it is suggestive of an impending periods. Taking primolut now can cause this spotting to persist for next 3-4 days and then you will have the periods after you stop taking Primolut.
Even after taking Primolut a mild spotting can persist but the period can be delayed. To delay the periods you need to start taking Primolut now thrice a day and continue taking it till Ganesha XXXXXXX is over.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal