• question-icon

    Does intake of Pantocid and Colospa help in treating stomach ulcer?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: my stomach has pain and heavy gas trouble for the past last 10 years.
doctors told just a ulcer problem only.and prescribed pantocid,colospa retard also. how is recover this?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please take medicine and precautions and do ultrasound scan after 6 months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. I do ultrasound scans every day and come across people with gall bladder polyp. This is a small growth in the lumen of gall bladder which is usually benign. It is 4 mm in size and not a problem right now. However you should get another ultrasound scan after 6 months to know if the polyp is increasing in size.

Please send me the ultrasound pictures if possible.

2. The upper gastrointestinal endoscopy shows a lax lower esophageal sphincter with esophagitis and antral gastritis. This is due to increased acid formation in stomach.

3. For gastritis and ulcer please do the following
(i) Please take pantocid as recommended and on empty stomach. This will cause less acid formation in stomach.

(ii) The medicine colospa retard is to decrease spasm pain in stomach. If there is no pain then you can stop this medicine.

(iii) Please avoid spice in food and do not take chilli.

(iv) Please take curd with meals

(v) Avoid skipping meals and eat small meals every 4 hours in the day

(vi) Drink adequate water and juices

(vii) Stop smoking and alcohol

(viii) Avoid bending after meals

(ix) Eat at least 3 hours before you sleep

(x) Keep head side of your bed 6 inches higher than foot side

Taking the above precautions will slowly control the gastritis. It can take months for the problem to get cured. Please follow up with your doctor regularly and do ultrasound scan after 6 months.

Homeopathy medicine can be continued as per your choice because it does not cause any known side effects.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Vivek Chail


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 6707 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Antral gastritis

doctor1 MD

hi sir, I am suffering with continuous burps and chest pain both left and right some times radiating to back . I went to the cardiologist and...

doctor1 MD

I am diagnosed with antral gastritis. Though I am on medication, I still feel fullness in my stomach & I don t have an appetite. I just eat my food...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor my wife is suffering motion problem for the last two months. her prolactin is 34.2. she has gone for endoscopy. the result is Antral...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor , I have done Endoscopy and biopsy , in endoscopyu doctor say that i have mild antral gastritis in stomach, and they also take some...

doctor1 MD

Whenever I feel acidity, I feel pain in the top left part of my stomach (just below my chest), So, I did a LFT test (report is attached). I see...

doctor1 MD

KHi i have chronic nonspecific duodenitis and nonspecific antral gastritis confirmed by endoscopy . I am vomiting once a day daily. Vomiting...

doctor1 MD

I am have hot sensation burning in my stomach, pain, chest pain , stomach growling and constipation , feeling burning in my throat.. The GI upper...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Vivek Chail
  • Q - Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...

  • Q - Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...

  • Q - Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?

  • Q - Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?

  • Q - Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...

  • Q - Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...

  • Q - Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...

  • Q - What is the cause for itchy underarms?

  • Q - On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?

  • Q - Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...