Does intake of Nitroglycerin help in curing chest pressure?
take nitro or stop excercise?
Hello, Sir. Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
Well, coronary artery disease can be manifested in different manners and ages. Even though it may be present, an age of 92 years old is counterindicated to have a coronary angiogram, because medication taken as preparation for the procedure, are not indicated for ages above 80 years old. This process may be mainly from the calcium deposited within the coronary arteries, which is a physiological phenomenon that happens in the normal, physiological aging. If angina is sensed (tenderness or heaviness in the mid chest), a tablet of nitrates under the tongue is recommended to be used. Also, I would recommend that treadmill or other heavy, demmanding exercise, should be stopped at this age. I would recommend a 30-40 minutes a day physical activity, such as walking.
I hope this information is helpful. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions. Please close the discussion and rate te answer, if you do not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will nitroglycerin help a toothache
- Nitroglycerin dose for chest pain
- Nitroglycerin for high blood pressure
- Does nitroglycerin lower blood pressure
- Nitroglycerin side effects blood pressure
- Nitroglycerin tablets for chest pain
- Nitroglycerin blood pressure drop
- Chest pain relief by nitroglycerin
- Nitroglycerin tablets blood pressure
- Blood pressure and nitroglycerin