question-icon

Does intake of Moxikind-CV help in treating sinus headache and fever?

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: My husband is having headache due to sinus and high fever. Can I give him moxikind-cv 625
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be sinusitis (upper respiratory infection)

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. If sinusitis (bacterial) is present then antibiotic therapy will be required. Most likely it can be upper respiratory infection (sinusitis). Initially it can be viral infection and antibiotics won't be necessary.
Do you have yellowish discharge from nose? In case of yellowish discharge it is a sign of bacterial infection and antibiotic like Moxikind cv helps. 5 to 7 days therapy with this will be helpful to get it clear.
If no yellowish discharge then nasal decongestant sprays like xylometazoline (otrivin) and antihistamine like cetirizine and paracetamol helps. You can also take chewable vitamin C. If changing to yellowish discharge then antibiotic like - moxikind cv can be added to this.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN (8 hours later)
Thank you Doctor. This helps.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any follow up or further queries.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN