Does intake of Molecuslim have any adverse effect on the health?

Kathy
Kathy Shattler

Dietitian & Nutritionist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I want to know if taking molecuslim will hurt my health. I started taking it today Mar 27. I am a very active, healthy 75 yr old. I do some volunteer work. I go to the gym 5 days a week for the last month. My heart doctor told me it would strengthen my heart muscle which has given me more energy. I just walk on the treadmill 30 min & use arm strengthening machines till I feel tired, never longer than 30 min also. I hope to increase my time at gym as my energy increases and hope losing weight will help. Doctor said if I could lose 10-20 lb I would lower my BP. Only health problem the doctor has told me about concerns my heart. I do have a small tumor inside the heart but they have been monitoring it since 2005. It was my decision not to have open heart operation so now they monitor it by taking a picture of it every 2-3 yrs. the heart doctor says it is not growing hardly at all and he thinks my decision was the best. The only reason he wanted to take it out was to see if it was cancerous but since it is not growing he is convinced it isn't cancerous. (I did have a mastectomy in 1995. I only had to take Tamoxophen for 5 yrs.) Now the only meds I take are lisinopril 30mg and amlodipine 5mg for bp. There is no diabetes in our family but my mother and brother did have cancer also. I find it difficult to lose any weight even while taking another type of diet pill. I am 5'8" and weigh 175 BP 127/82 today. I weighed 150 till after 55 yrs old-- & slowly I have put on 25 pounds in 20 yrs. I will continue to exercise regularly but think it is important to lose this 25 lbs. I am not a big eater. I have cut back on sweets
Answered by Kathy Shattler 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome to HCM. I have reviewed your concern

Detailed Answer:
Your concern is about taking Molecuslim and if it will hurt your health. Your health concerns include your heart, excess weight, genetic history of cancer and tumor in heart.

Let me discuss Molescuslim first. I am wary of taking anything that doesn't list the ingredients, safety studies, references cannot be found on the internet in a positive light. I saw many consumer complaints filed against it for adverse effects, for false advertising and I dare say I would not gamble with my health with it.

I always recommend green tea instead because it has so many health benefits. I was just reading that if you sip on it before exercising it will increase your calories expenditure by 17% (in a stack of literature on my floor). Drink it 4X per day without honey or sweeteners.

Being on Lisinopril I wanted to caution you against eating licorice as it may cause rebound hypertension and please try to eat less than 2300 mg of sodium per day. Do not use salt substitutes.

I hope I answered your question. If you need clarification, I am here.

Regards, XXXXXXX Shattler, MS,RDN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee