• question-icon

Does intake of Melatonin help in treating insomnia?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have just weaned off pms-clonazepam 2mg and have withdrawel problems - main one now is not being able ot sleep! so my Dr suggest today that i try Melatonin - I also have congestive heart failure though not on any meds at the min - high BP, Silent acid reflux and thyroid problems and also taking tecta is taking the melatoin ok
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it's OK

Detailed Answer:

melatonin is a relatively safe drug to use. There is no contraindication in your case, according to the presented data about your medical history. Autoimmune diseases are the only real contraindication. If you're still dependent on clonazepam, melatonin won't ease dependence.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis