Does intake of Humira help in treating seronegative spondyloarthritis?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 in Lupus
Question: I was recently diagnosed with seronegative spondyloarthropy. Since last XXXXXXX i have experienced pain in my achilles tendons...it has progressed rapidly and now it is sometimes so painful, I can't walk. Both tendons are extremely distended. Pain is moving into knees and, now, hands. I am currently taking Methotrexate and Tramodol and an N-said. One doctor wants me to go on Naltrexone. I tried Minocycline and it gave me a severe rash. Stopped that. Now, my PCP wants me to try Humira. I am doing a non-inflammatory diet....Not sure what to do at this point......I'm afraid of Humira. Haven't started Naltrexone either. Everything is getting worse.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should opt for humira .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I think you should opt for humira , there is nothing to get afraid from this drug , in fact it's a very good drug with less side effects and good result profile . It is the treatment of choice for your disease and you should try that . For naltrexone I won't suggest you . You should stick to the standard treatment for this disease a it can be difficult to manage if not controlled at right time .

Dr. Shruti