Does intake of Gentamycin lead to hepatic encephalopathy?
there are similar side effects
gentamicin may cause (rarely though) central nervous system effects like confusion, lethargy (excessive sleepiness), etc. Such symptoms may resemble hepatic encephalopathy. Serious liver injury is not expected though and these symptoms are not connected to liver dysfucntion. If you'd like to ask a more specific question, I'll be glad to answer it for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy in infants
- Pathophysiology of hepatic encephalopathy
- Hepatic encephalopathy mode of transmission
- Hepatic encephalopathy in infants
- Diet chart for hepatic encephalopathy
- Nutritional care hepatic encephalopathy
- Gut sterilisation in hepatic encephalopathy
- Hepatic encephalopathy heart failure
- Ascitic tapping hepatic encephalopathy
- Dysphonia with hepatic encephalopathy