Does intake of Dalacin C help in treating skin rashes during pregnancy?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi. I'm in 36 weeks of pregnancy. For the past 4 days some red rashes with dark spot at the center with white blisters developed in the skin and only on left side of the body ( hand,shoulder,near chest). Doctor said it is not a viral infection and prescribed omnacortil20 mg , fucidin H lotion. Even after 2 days of medication I found no improvement in the rashes. It has become worse.And now she prescribed dalacin c 150 mg . Can I take this medicine?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dalacin C is safe in pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
Dalacin C contains clindamycin hydrochloride which is a safe drug in pregnancy and can be taken by you.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak