Does intake of Crocin and Odoxil help in treating fever in a child?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: From yesterday my 5 yrs kid is suffering from fever ( sometimes 103°F). We gave him crocin liquid and Odoxil (liquid)l anti biotic . under the influence of medicine, fever comes down. We applied wet cloth over forehead also and bathed him also.
Yesterday night night , he screamed in fear 3-4 times that he is falling.....even earth is falling . He wanted to go out of home as we usually do at the time of earthquake.
In the morning at 5 am we have given above mentioned medicines and he slept for two hours.
Please advice.
Thanks andbRegards
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Such fevers usually last for 5-7 days irrespective of use of antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Such fevers in children usually occur due to viral infections. However, since you have started the antibiotics you should complete the course. Continue to give him Crocin (paracetamol) as and when required. Also give tepid sponging.

Yesternight be was having vertigo. Such things can occur during fever and I would not be worried about it. However it might still be a good idea to get him examined by a doctor.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng