• question-icon

Does intake of Buspar help in treating anxiety?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I'm having anxiety that is the result of a hormonal imbalance. It's getting better without medication but I still have it and I don't feel like myself. I have missed more than a week of work due to this. If I take buspar will it correct the problem or just relieve my symptoms. I also have inderal if you think that would be more helpful. I'm desperate to feel well quick. Last week I had a meltdown at the thoughts of entering my office which I usually love going to work.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inderal will be better choice to get early results

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

If you need XXXXXXX results than inderal is option as buspar takes at least two weeks to show some response in anxiety disorders. The more rationale approach will be to start both and than discontinue inderal after two to four weeks.

I need to mention here that underlying cause should be treated for anxiety as without that there will be no permanent solutions.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free XXXXXXX write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist