question-icon

Does intake of Budecort lead to loss of appetite in a child?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: Hi my daughter is 4. Years old she had dust alergy and doctor suggested budicort 200 to use for 3 months but , I feel my daughter is not able to take it properly and may be because of the she is having little irritation in throught and she had stomach upset may be XXXXXXX of it, I have started this from last 10 days and her apitide also decreased so want to.check weather I can stop this medication ,she is fine now.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Its better to continue for 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to hcm.
Can understand your concerns.

Since your child has dust allergy budecort is correctly prescribed for 3 months.
The symptoms that you are telling are not due to budecort.
Her appetite and throat irritation will improve as the allergic symptoms subside completely.
If you stop this drug, then allergic symptoms can occur again so its better to continue the drug.
I hope this will help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Deepak Patel

Pediatrician