question-icon

Does intake of Bactrim help in treating chlamydia infection?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: about 4 days ago I had unprotected sex with someone who may possibly have chlamydia, would bactrim cure the std if I am infected and if so for how long should I take the medication
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Bactrium cannot cure a chlamydia infection!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this unprotected sexual encounter. Please, always endeavor to protect yourself during all sexual encounters. Bacterium cannot treat chlamydia infection. The drug of choice should be doxycycline for 21days. Bactrim is a non starter to treat chlamydia.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah