Does inhaling gasoline fumes cause shortness of breath?
Yes.. quite Certainly it can..
Hello there, Welcome to HCM.
I've gone through the details and let me tell you that it is a medical emergency as 2 minutes of exposure to gasoline fumes can be quite dangerous(specially thick fumes) as you've mentioned .
Please don't panic and follow the advises as I'm mentioning below:
First of all take her to open air, away from any kind of smell and chemical products. Tell her to take deep breaths in fresh open air.
Wash of the face and eyes and any body part which was exposed to it thoroughly with mineral water for at least 10-15 minutes .
Don't try to eat or drink anything , anything at all !!
Don't even try to vomit forcefully.
Lastly and most importantly while all these is being said and done , please don't waste any more time and take her to your nearest ER for a detailed physical check up as well as appropriate management accordingly as Carbon monoxide poisoning as well as Hydrocarbon poisoning, Secondary to gasoline fume inhalation can be quite fatal and time is the key here for a faster and quicker recovery.
Wish you all the best and please don't wait up any more.
Let me know how she stays later on.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inhale shortness of breath
- Inhaled ammonia fumes and cant breath
- What causes shortness of breath after inhaling smoke from fire
- Breathing gasoline fumes symptoms
- Gasoline fumes exposure
- Inhaling fumes from bleach cause headache
- Effects of breathing gasoline
- Effects of gasoline fumes
- Can paint fumes cause shortness of breath
- Can inhaling fumes cause shortness of breath and copd