Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart rate ?
Thanks for the query.
Smoking, consuming alcohol and stress are the factors which can increase heart rate and produce palpitations.
A high heart rate like yours if associated with other high risk factors like hypertension, diabetes, obesity, family history of heart disease or stroke in first blood relations is considered to be in high risk category. You must watch for the danger signs like tightness of chest, dizziness, transient attacks of unconsciousness, etc.
It would be better to get examined and evaluated by a physician, and might need to get an Electrocardiogram done.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1. Avoid smoking, consuming alcohol
2. Avoid tea, coffee and other substances which can increase stress
3. A sedative medication would be helpful in reducing stress and for a good sleep, but only after discussing with your doctor and on prescription.
Hope this answers your query. In case of doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stress echocardiogram target heart rate
- Stress test maximum heart rate
- Echo stress test low heart rate
- Does stress increase cpk
- Increased heart rate stress have smoking addiction any advice
- Does smoking increase a persons heartrate and stress the heart
- Stress fast heart rate blurred vision
- Low heart rate stress test
- Increased anxiety stress and insomnia after quitting smoking
- Stress echo target heart rate