question-icon

Does Increased Intake Of Caffeine Cause High Cholesterol?

Posted on Tue, 17 Oct 2017
Question: i need to know if caffeine affect cholesteral
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Caffeine has no impact on blood cholesterol!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

Caffeine has no impact on cholesterol. All studies done are unanimous on this. I will recommend you turn to diet and lifestyle habits to see what the possible cause could be. If there is family history of lipid disorders, it will be important to review the genetics part of it.

High cholesterol is treated through diet, exercise and medications. Talk with our doctor and incorporate these to address your high values such that the risk for heart and blood vessel disease would be reduced.

Other necessary measures would be to avoid excess alcohol and stop smoking if you do.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah