Does increased Lyrica dosage cause muscle spasms and cramps?
My problem is that in the last week I have been developing ever increasing spasms and cramps in my low back and right leg. A week and a half ago my pain physician increased my Lyrica dose from 300mg q 12 hours to 450mg g 8 hours. My question is whether the increased Lyrica dosage might be responsible for these spasms and cramps. At present, I take my Zanaflex and lay down with the heating pad until the worst of it passes. Any ideas?
I agree with your doctor's opinion
Since you are from a medical field, I shall answer to your questions specifically.
1. The suggestion of spinal cord stimulator is right given the history of disease and the medicine you've been on. Let me know what's keeping you away from it.
2. Pregabalin (lyrica) may cause muscle pain; but spasms are unknown to occur.
In my opinion, your pain management doctor seems to be doing the right thing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spinal muscle spasm causes
- Protective muscle spasm causes
- Cremaster muscle spasm causes
- What causes muscle spasms
- Baclofen dosage for muscle spasms
- Costochondritis muscle spasm cramp
- Diazepam dosage for muscle spasms
- Positional muscle spasm causes
- Piriformis muscle spasm causes
- Anal muscle spasms causes