Does hyperthyroidism cause anemia?

Excellent

Question
I am anemic (iron deficiency) and recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. For the last several months, my bowel movements have been primarily liquid. No more often than usual, but as though I was prepping for a colonoscopy...could the hyperthyroidism be causing the anemia? Do I need to be concerned about the B.M.s?
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
All due to hyperthyroidism needs management

Detailed Answer:
Thank youfor asking
Loose bowel motions are a classic presentation of hyperthyroidism and will persist unless euthyroid state is achieved.and yes loose motions compromise absorption of iron and may cause iron deficiency anemia or worsen it for which ironsupplements with vitamin c at empty stomach are advised at regular basis.
Right now you need an endocrinologist to put you on anti thyroid medications and provide you with different options from radioactive iodine ablation to surgery etc.focus on hydration and care for the eye to prevent opthalmopathy is the key here.
Get to a qualified endocrinologist and you won't be a ball of court any more thrown to bunch of doctors.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.