Does hormonal imbalance cause difficulty in losing weight?
Hormonal imbalance can cause weight gain.
Dear Sir, Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I appreciate your concern for the "weight loss failure" despite of life style modifications like a healthy diet and a meticulous exercise program. And yes weight gain / weight loss failure can occur due to hormone imbalance.
Given below are some of the common causes of weight gain:
Due to hormonal imbalances;
1. Cushing syndrome caused by prolonged exposure to elevated levels of either endogenous glucocorticoids or exogenous glucocorticoids used in the treatment of various inflammatory conditions.
2. Hypothyroidism (Underactive thyroid, or low thyroid hormones)
Due to medications taken for various conditions
Drugs used to treat bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and depression
Some drugs used to treat diabetes, convulsive disorders, etc
Drugs like NSAIDs.
Hope the explanation given above could be useful in detecting the possible cause of weight gain after consulting your doctor.
Wishing you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Female hormone imbalance weight gain
- Hormonal imbalance causing trich
- Tonsillectomy cause hormone imbalance
- Can hormonal imbalance cause burping
- Hormone imbalance will cause body itchy
- Hormonal imbalance caused by petogen
- Hormone imbalance causes
- Emergency contraceptives causing hormone imbalances
- Acne caused by hormone imbalance
- Mifepristone causes hormonal imbalance