Does high uric acid cause swollen foot?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
My father right foot has swollen since past 5 days. Image attached for your reference.

Uric acid reference range is 7. He has been taking uric acid tablets.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to high uric acid

Detailed Answer:

Sorry, I am unable to find the Image attached.
Pain and swelling in the right foot of your father could be due to high uric acid level. He can continue taking medication after consulting the doctor.
Food to be avoided in diet includes –meat and poultry. The fibre in fruits, vegetables and whole grains may also help carry excess uric acid out of body.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.