Does hemochromatosis cause right sided upper abdominal pain?
Hello & thank you for submitting your question.
I am glad to hear that you were finally able to receive a diagnosis to account for your symptoms.
Hemochromatosis, as you are likely aware, results from accumulation of iron in your body usually due to a genetic mutation that affects how iron is absorbed. The symptoms of hemochromatosis can include upper abdominal pain, as well as joint pain and fatigue.
One of the complications of hemochromatosis is the effects it can have on your liver and on the heart. It is good you are having an MRI to confirm the findings on the CT scan.
It would be speculative at this point to assume that the MRI will detect an additional or "worse" process involving the liver. It is important to monitor the condition along with the pain, as I'm sure you're aware, with regular evaluations and laboratory studies.
I understand it is difficult to be completely assured with this limited information at this time, but hopefully once the MRI is performed you and your physician will have definitive information regarding the nature of the focus within the liver.
Wishing you great health and a great weekend,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Staph infection right upper abdominal pain
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- Crisanta side effects upper abdominal pain
- Right upper abdominal pain while pregnant
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- Upper abdominal pain after eating left side
- Can kidney cysts cause upper abdominal pain?