Does heartache during stress require medical attention?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
The doctor wants me to do a cta heart Corwith ffr ct if indicated..I was having some achy feeling in my heart area when I get under stress..I exercise daily and do not have any problems with pain during exercise.. I exercise for an hour on elliptical and bike..do you think I need such an extensive test? My ekg looks fine and my echocardiogram looks good except some diastolic dysfunction at 1 and Ef at 60 percent.. Can you getheartpain due to anxiety when the muscles become tense ? I did have higher hs Crp levels at 2.3 please advise thanks so much!
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After carefully going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern and i would like to tell you that YES many people do have felling of chest discomfort or feeling of tightness when they are stressed.

As your other tests were within normal range in my opinion its advisable to get one STRESS TEST (TMT or A Stress Echo) first instead of going for ffr CT. As you said you do exercise daily for 1 hour so the possibility of having any significant coronary artery disease in your case in minimal.

And as i advised you before also Kindly start doing meditation/Yoga daily as it will really help you handle your stress and anxiety levels.

Feel free to ask back if you have any more doubts.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: Does heartache during stress require medical attention? 31 minutes later
So does this feeling of chest discomfort mean that they have coronary problems? How about the raised hs Crp..something to be concerned with? Does that always mean cardiac related? Thanks so much!!

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
No it doesn't. As i said as your other tests were normal so the possibility of having any significant coronary artery disease in very minimal.

Your crp levels are just slightly raised which cac very well be due to some age related degenerative process going in the body. Other causes includes

1. Trauma
2. burns
3. Heart Attack
3. Infection like pneumonia or TB
4. Inflammatory bowel disease

No thats not always cardiac related.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap