Does having a cold affect chances of conceiving?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Question: Hello. Is having a cold impacts conceiving?
Thanks in advance for your reply
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 35 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Having cold does not affect conceiving. You can conceive even if you have cold.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
thanks Dr XXXXXXX for your kind answer.

Is it ok to have lempsip to reduce the symptoms or
better to go to the natural ways ginger lemon tea etc..

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 17 minutes later
I would advise you to go the natural way instead of taking lempsip.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
thanks again for your helpful answers.

As I mentionned in my initial question, I had miscarriage 2 months ago.

If I get pregnant this month, are there any checks/controls I need to get it done?

Pls note my mother got pregestrone help during her first pregnancy. Should I get my progestrone levels checked so if I miscarried because of lack pf progestrone, I would be able to avoid the same situation happening.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Progesterone maintains pregnancy.
Yes, you can get your progesterone levels checked and get supplemented in case its level is low.

I hope that answers your question.

Any further clarification, kindly post it as a separate new question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini