Does having Crohn's disease affect HIV antibody test result?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Dear doctor

first of all, excuse my English , it is not that good
I am 31 yaers old male ,i have been diagnosed with crohn's disease since 2006. i have been on humira since 2012 40mg every 2 weeks
i had unprotected sex with 2 different girl a year ago
i have had done 3 HIV test , 1 combielecsys at 10 months point from the last possible

after the few days of the first possible exposure i had a flu
after few weeks of the last possible exposure, i started to have some skin condition sebopsoriasis around my mouth ,and under my arm bit ( i used to have sebopsoriasis when i was a child )
also losing some muscle weight
i have had done 3 HIV test , 1 combi elecsys at 10 months point of the last possible exposue with a negative result. and i have had done 2 HIV tests, 1 ELISA , and elecsys at 11 months point of the possible exposure with a negative results.
I have some questions:
Are my tests reliable?
does crohn's disease affect the HIV tests i have had done?
being on humira dose it effect HIV test with 40 mg dose every 2 weeks ?
dose humira cause a false negative ?

also i have just known that sebopsoriasis is associated with HIV.
is there any other tests i have to do?
i am under huge stress, i need your consultation

Best regards
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Just relax

Detailed Answer:
hello
thanks for the query
I think your tests are reliable .Crohn's disease causes reduced immune system BUT results of HIV tests depend on the presence of antibodies to HIV so although If some one develops AIDS, it may be more severe but it doesnot affect the result
Humire works against a Tumour Necrosis Factor and supress immune system but again, not known to inflence the results. Sebopsoriasis can be present in Crohn's disease as skin manifestations are common. I don;t think you need further testing but you must use precaution next time for having sex
DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 20 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your answers

Is it a coincidence to have sebopsoriasis after few weeks of the possible exposure?
do you think i should take another method of testing
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No further tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello
My pleasure to help you
yes,it is a coincidence. Needn't take further tests
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar