Does gastritis cause right side back pain?
Some more investigations might be needed.
Hi XXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.
If I were your doctor, after a general physical examination of your abdomen and back, I would have prescribed you with an anti spasmodic along with a proton pump inhibitor for a symptomatic relief.
After this, I would advise you for an ultrasound of whole abdomen to rule out any renal stone disease or any other intra abdominal pathology for this symptom. After all these possibilities are ruled out, you might label it simply as a discomfort due to gas. In addition, a routine/microscopic test of the urine and stool would also add in helping to diagnose the cause of the problem.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having COPD. Tired and weak. Medical cure for this?
- Could not remember words and password as though everything is erased...
- Having abdominal pain. Colonoscopy and ultrasound were normal. Endoscopy...
- Itching on foreskin and soreness of glans. Using canesten ointment. Any...
- Bloating and abdominal discomfort due to bowel section. Taking coloxyl,...
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks. Suggest treatment
- Have constant headache and diagnosed with allergies. Took allegra. Pain...
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain?
- Having diarrhea and passes ball segments. What could be this?
- Taking antibiotics for typhoid and still having fever. Is the antibiotic...