Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Does gastric problem cause chest pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
Can gastric problem cause chest pain
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 34 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Yes gastric conditions like acid reflux, peptic ulcer diseases, gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD), hiatus hernia and many other conditions can surely cause chest pain.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does gastric problem cause chest pain? 24 hours later
am facing chest pain for last 1 year. He have visit MD doc but no use. They said its muscular pain and gave pain killer but it does not work.

I am having gas problem for about 8 mths. Though taking ayurvedic treatment it has not yet stoped.
The pain is from the deep inside the heart and not on the upper and that to only on the left side near the heart.
I even face breathing problem if the pain is more and if I do stress work. The pain starts every day but its not so sevier. Also I have acidity problem.
Also going up hills is like hell for me. I cannot even climb two steps.This has started ony 1 -2 mts back which previous I was not facing.
Can removing xray or CT Scan detect the exact cause of this.
Also which specialist should I visit who can cure me rather than experimenting again with other MD doctor's.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 minutes later
Hello once again XXXXXX.

It is protocol to always rule out all cardiac problems when an individual suffers from chest pain. So I would advise you to get an ECG (EKG) done along with a 2D echocardiography of the heart to learn about your cardiac health.

The next thing would preferably be a 24 hour acid pH monitoring test, to check the amount of acid being produced that can easily cause the chest pain that you are experiencing.

All other gastric conditions that can cause chest pain can be diagnosed with the help of an endoscopy. I would advise this, instead of a CT scan or an x-ray right now.

For the ECG and 2D echo you would have to visit a cardiologist, and for the endocscopy and 24 hour pH monitoring you should visit a gastroenterologist.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor