Owl Image

Does frequent use of Micronor cause delay in periods?

Question
I took micronor for 2 years du to migraine with the traditional pill. Stopped micronor in octoer 2013 got my first period in march. took another pack in may to prevent periods during a trip. stopped agin on may 1st. had period in late XXXXXXX was du last wednesday and nothing. did a hpt on saturday and was neg. still no period to this day... what's up?
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
hormononal imbalance

Detailed Answer:
Micronor is a progestin pill which should be used only for regular contraception. Do not use it for delaying your period. The drug remains in your system and causes hormonal imbalance if not take long term. This irregularity is likely due to improper use of micronor. If your upt is negative, dont do anything. Let the hormone levels become normal on their own. Your period will come eventually.
In future use another drug, like medroxyprogestrone to delay your period. But only with a doctor;s advice.