Owl Image

Does food have any impact on skin color, tone and shine?

Good

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. I have a very generic query.
Does food have any impact on our skin colour, tone and shine. I have heard 2 oposite views on the same - 1) Eat whatever u want and there is no relation to skin and skin problems like acne, etc. 2) Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies to add glow to the skin.
Which of this is true??
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 11 hours later
Hello.
Actually both the statements are partly true.
Though there is no direct relationship between diet and most of the skin diseases, it has been seen that a highly unbalanced diet may aggravate acne etc. Particularly fat XXXXXXX and high caloric diet. As for having fresh fruits vegetables, water keeps your entire system healthy including the skin. So you see the idea is to keep a balance. Overdoing junk food etc will surely have a negative impact on your skin.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.