Does excessive sweating a sign of heart failure?

Dr. Scott Rebich

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Are head and neck sweats connected to congestive heart failure?
Answered by Dr. Scott Rebich 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is very possible, but you need to see you cardiology very soon

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Usually what happens with heart failure that is decompensating is a systemic adrenaline rush like you worked out too hard. Therefore you can get the feeling of shortness of breath, difficult breathing, sweating, fevers, fatigue, anxiety, etc. However, these same symptoms can be cause by infections or worsening heart failure. Also, you can get some of these symptoms from arrthymias, new onset myocardial infarction (heart attack), and shock.

Therefore, the answer is not easy. You need to have a work on on your heart to make sure that your heart failure is not worsening or you need more medication. In addition, you need routine screening blood work for infections, MI, arrthymias, kidney disease, and coronary artery disease to name a few.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad