Owl Image

Does excessive masturbation cause hair loss?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
i started mastrubating when i was 13 and been doing it since.For the past 4 years my hair line is thinning and for the past 1 year my memory is going bad.If i stop mastrubating , will the effects reverse or what should i do?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based on the facts that you have posted You have been indulged in masturbation since many years and now facing problems related to general health which you think it to be due to masturbation .

First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual problems But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.All the problems that you are facing now are mind related and due to anxiety.

Though it is harmless, excessive and frequent habitual masturbation does affect quality of erection and delays ejaculation.Try to reduce the frequency of masturbation by keeping yourself busy in activities like sports,reading ,social work etc so that you will not get free time to masturbate.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.