Does excessive caffeine consumption cause fatigue, shortness of breath and rapid heart rate?

Posted on Wed, 20 Sep 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: For the past two weeks I have suffered from fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate after drinking too much caffeine, heaviness on chest after eating large meal.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Caffeine overdose

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns...

But it seems that you are suffering from caffeine overdose symptoms. I would recommend that you limit your daily intake of caffeine to less than 400 mg to avoid the recurrence of such symptoms.

I hope you find this helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman