Does evans syndrome causes redness in face and sun burns?

Dr. Gaurav Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son has what looks like a constant sunburn on his arms at all times, he also is very red in the face. He suffers from XXXXXXX Syndrome and ITP. He is currently undergoing Gata2 mutation testing. Is any of this related? What could be the cause?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they are related. Exact cause is not known.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern regarding your son’s health issue.
Constant sunburn on his arm and red face indicate photo sensitive disease most probably SLE.
In many case SLE and XXXXXXX syndrome are related.
Cause of this condition is not very clear but genetic and auto immune play major role.
He must apply sunscreen with 50 SPF regularly and try to avoid sun exposure.

I want to know following detail so I can answer precisely.
- Is there any family history of the similar disease?
- Which medicine he is taking?
- Since how long he has this problem?
- Which other reports he has undergone?

Let me know if you have any other query.
Waiting for your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari