Does ecstasy cause itching in the head?

Question
Hello. Im on Pristiq (100mg) for about 3 months. About 42hours ago i went to a party and drank alcohol (i lowered my consume a lot for the past year, but i got a little bit high that night), and took for the first time a pill of ecstasy. I drank a lot of liquids (water, coconut water) during the night so i almost didnt get a hangover, also i didnt feel the ecstasy had a big effect because about 2 or 3 hours later i was feeling sober already. But i still feel today that some parts of my body, and especially my head, is a little itchy, not normal... Is this a common side effect? will it go away and what should i do to make it go away? also, because im taking an antidepressant, what else should i be concerned? Im not planning on taking any drugs again.
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will go away on its own!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

These symptoms would go away. The only medication that would make a difference at this time is patience-Time. Eat well, drink much water, get enough rest and exercise regularly.

Alcohol is not a good product for health. You would do yourself much good by reducing how much you drink if you cannot stay away from entirely.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: Does ecstasy cause itching in the head? 18 hours later
ok but what about the ecstasy.. will it affect something on the long run since im on pristiq?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:

I generally discourage any use of illicit drugs. Do not be worried about this as long as you stop taking further ecstasy.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well.