Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
No excess water doesnt lead to reduced kidney function
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
If the kidney function is normal ( can be confirmed by creatinine levels ) then excess drinking water can only lead to a dilute urine. Drinking too much water does not reduce kidney function and does not allow toxins to build up. It does not lead to proteinuria i.e protein in urine.
Excess water drinking can be a symptom of a few disorders such as diabetes, psychogenic polydipsia.
Wishing you best of health
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mastoditis and kidney function
- Kidney function tests
- Herbs for healthy kidney function
- Borderline kidney function in teenagers
- Kidney function problems
- Newborn kidney function
- Entrrogermina to improve kidney function
- Marfan syndrome and kidney function
- Reduced kidney function treatment
- Kidney function urine color quit drinking