Does Drinking Aspirated Water Accidentally Require An ER Consultation?
NO need to get worried!
Am so sorry to hear your wife feel off a pier. Drinking water is of no harm and more so because she has has no obvious symptoms for 48hours. The stomach contains acid and only when it ingests germs in overwhelming number that an infection can follow. Rarely, swallowing just some water wouldn't cause infections.
In all, she's fine and there is no reason getting scared.
I hope this helps. I wish your wife a successful chemotherapy experience and recovery from her disease condition.
Keep me posted.