Does drinking a week old water cause infection?
Wait and watch.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Now your will get ill or not it depends on your luck. I am saying this because if the water you have consumed was contaminated and your immunity fights with the infection, nothing will happen but if that was contaminated and your immunity fails to act you will get ill.
There is no indication of taking any prophylactic Medicines for this purpose. However you should keep a watch on your symptoms.
If you get any pain Abdomen or loose stools it can be Infective diarrhea.
If you get any jaundice it can be Viral Hepatitis A and E.
If you get any fever it can be typhoid.
There is nothing you can do to flush that water out of your system but yes you should eat more of green leafy vegetables, fruits just to boost your immunity.
I hope it helps.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Quantity doesn't matter.
Hi.Actually quantity doesn't matter. Just a drop is enough to make you I'll if that drop is infected.
So in any case you just need to be vigilant. Report your doctor if you get any symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry throat drinking water is it an infection
- Ear infection on 6 week old
- Copper coil cause water infections
- Can sex cause water infections
- Prostate infection treatment drink water
- Can stress cause water infections
- Infective respiratory infection causes
- Old tubercular infection causes
- Can drinking ice water cause sinus infections
- Water infection cause high pulse