Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Does distrophic calcification within tendon cause severe lower pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
I had xray of left foot done about 8 months ago. Distrophic calcification/regenerative change within tendon. Spurring of calcaneus moderate at the Achilles tendinous. Now my question is well this problem cause severe pain on my lower even when lam sleeping. I haven't been to doctor yet.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised to consult rheumatologist... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The problems you have noticed 8 months ago might have become worse giving severe pain on your lower even when you are sleeping. You should go and see a rheumatologist to further evaluate your condition and to start oral/local therapy as soon as possible. Furthermore, you might need to schedule physiotherapy appointments as part of your treatment together with your doctor. Hope it helped! Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does distrophic calcification within tendon cause severe lower pain? 3 hours later
Why does my toe get numb and acouple times I followen down the stairs. I get cramps in my leg I don't seem to have the strenght in the morning to go down the steps. I cant wear closed shoes because my Feet get hot painfully and I notice my left toe tends to swell. Thanks for your response.The reasons I followen down the steps was because my foot went numb and lost my balance.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Home remedies for feet pain&numbed toe... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. The numbness of the toe might be related to severe arthritis or injury of the local nerves. With regards to the pain, it is related to inflammation (arthritis, injury) of the muscles and tendines that makes it difficult for you to move your legs. The best treatment is : - find out if the local damages are due to arthritis and get it treated properly - by using pain-killers (orally and locally) - massage-therapy (physio-therapy) - if injured (during the fall) should apply cold compresses if the fall was within 48 hours; otherwise warm compresses and analgezic cream. - before coming out of bed, you should try to move and massage your legs until you get sure you can move them properly. You can take a warm-water filling bottle (you can find them at a local drug-store) and keep it at bed-side ready to use. - try to bath your feet with warm water and salt each night; dry them well, and massage with lavender oil Hope it was of help until you see the rheumatologist! Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor